August 6, 2009

Moving Day....again

I finally had to move to a new trailer. I was hoping I would be able to stay at my current location until our replacements arrive. No such luck. This is my 3rd trailer since arriving on 1 April and my sixth location for the entire deployment.
Once notified, I had 96 hours to move, however, once I picked up the key, I had only 12 hours to complete the move. What happened to the 96 hours?! I went over to check on my new location and the room was left in a filthy mess. My roommate and I spent two hours cleaning a space that is approximately 10’ x 12’. Where’s my Mom when I need her?! This would be right up her lane.

I’m not going to go into all the details of why we had to move but suffice it to say, it’s a sore subject amongst Red Bull Soldiers. Lots of angry Soldiers who just want to stay where they are. I wasn’t happy myself since I was told my last trailer was my permanent location.

Luckily, my roommate and I are staying together. Some Soldiers haven’t been as lucky and have had terrible roommates to say the least. One such Soldier was told by her roommate that she should get a boob job! How do you even respond to a statement like that?! This roommate of hers isn’t even a friend. Her two roommates prior to the current one were just as bad. Like I said, I’m luckily. This place is bad enough and to have a bad roommate would make for an agonizingly long deployment.

No comments:

Post a Comment