March 24, 2009

Road Trip

I got to leave camp today and I got my picture of a camel! Shortly after leaving camp, I started seeing camels off in the distance and then BAM! They were all over the place to include right up on the side of the road and crossing the road. We stopped to get pictures and they started walking up to the car. I'm sure if we had put our hand out we could have touched them but some of passengers thought we would get spit on by the camels. Not sure if this is an urban legend...guess I'll have to google it unless someone knows from experience. Supposedly, certainly colors of camels are worth more. I've heard the black ones are the most expensive...again, not sure if this is another urban legend.

We had left camp to visit another camp. For most of the ride, the scenery was that of nothing but once we got close to Kuwait City, there were certainly different sites like none I've seen before.


And out of nowhere, came a camel...




The water towers. I thought they looked more like a landing pad for the Millenium Falcon.


The homes.


Their other homes. I can't even imagine living in these tents. The garbage was all over as seen stuck in the fence.

4 comments:

  1. Red,
    This is an urban legend. The trick is to make it look like you're puckering up to give the camel a kiss and it is guaranteed to not make it spit at you. Give it a whirl and then get back with us.
    Love you,
    Hub

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red -

    This suggestion of course is coming from the experienced Camel kiss master!!

    Cheers,
    Mr.Don

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently you've never kissed a camel Mr. Don.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope and i've never been shot in the head with a bow and arrow either!

    ReplyDelete