March 22, 2009

White Day

So, I'm sitting in my other favorite oasis, Starbucks, when this lieutenant decides he needs to come up and start chatting with me. Doesn't he realize this is my time and my computer battery only lasts so long? I certainly wasn't feeling like chatting with him and I would have thought my short answers would have given him a clue...finally he got the hint. It's like you can never ever have any alone time once deployed. I suppose this is by design so you don't start feeling sorry for yourself.

We were given some "white" time today which is free time. It was a bad day to get white time since I had to be up at 0530 to apply for a driver's license for on camp. No sleeping in for me. Then I had the driver's license class at 0900 and now I have a meeting this afternoon. So much for kicking back. I'm hoping to catch a movie at the USO after the meeting. Chief Clunis and I were going to go get our nails done. Yes, they actually have a beauty shop here but she got tied up in meetings, too

Some more info about camp: the dining facilities vary in atmosphere. We particularly like going to #1 since it has flatware, china, nice decor and real toilets (and they're even clean)! The dessert area is not quite as nice as the selection at Byerlys but it certainly has some great ice cream! It's understandable why some of our Soldiers come back from deployment having gained weight. There is nothing other than pure self control to keep one from eating like it's their last meal every day. Good thing, I have my mother's voice in my head all the time! :)


You can't miss these sinks as you walk in...even those combat arms guys have to wash their hands!


Hub, send me a penny so I can make a wish!


The only thing lacking; there are no Grape Nuts :(


This guy was happy to have his picture taken!

5 comments:

  1. Red,
    Beating those young guys off with a stick already? Man, it must be tough being you :)
    The chow line actually looks decent--surprising.
    Hope you had a great day today.
    Love You,
    Hub

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mam, Whats the deal, you sure your not on a vacation? Things look a lot nicer there than they did in Kosovo and with a lot more variety. Tell the Chief Hi for me and you two take care.

    SGM C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kris, Do they have cream puffs there?
    Cream Boy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Daugher,
    Your dining facility looks beautiful! I am so pleased that you are using self-control when it comes to ice cream. Do you recall when you were a teenager, I would always say, "Hips, Kristen! Remember your hips!"? You have done a wonderful job of keeping fit. I'm very proud of that fact.
    ~Mother

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I'm kuwaiti and I'm wondering if there is any chances i can visit this camp "sounds crazy"? but I heard that Rapper young joc is coming today and I would like to see him!

    ReplyDelete