February 13, 2009

The Big Arrival

Back in Minnesota, the remaining troops mobilized on February 10th. A departure ceremony was held for all the troops and their families at the Roy Wilkins Auditorium with a steak dinner provided by the St Paul local businesses. There was upwards of 8000 dinners served for Soldiers and their families. Since I wasn't there, here's a website to read more about it:

http://www.mndaily.com/2009/02/09/red-bulls-receive-sendoff

The ADVON party rehearsed receiving all of these Soldiers to ensure it was a seamless event once they landed. I would have taken pictures of the Soldiers disembarking the 747 but taking pictures of the flight line is worth a $10,000 fine. It was really great seeing everyone and now it actual feels real as opposed to an Annual Training at a distant location.

They flew two large groups over two days. On the second day, I was tasked to pick up four Colonels since I have my prior protocol experience. Colonel Hodd, a fellow Signal officer, had to give me some ribbing and stated that he likes his coffee black. I have a feeling I might see more protocol opportunities in my future....coffee girl, baggage girl, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment