February 4, 2009

Lexie "LuLu"


Our hunting dog with Lyndsey, Grandpa and Brian.

We lost our family member today. It's amazing how attached you can become to a pet. I grew up with dogs as a kid but none of them have compared to her and her personality. I had purchased her as a birthday gift for Lyndsey when Brian was in Sturgis (without telling him). So it was a big surprise to him when he got home. I hadn't done a lot of research of Scotties and after purchasing her, I bought a book, read about Scotties being aloof and wondering how can a dog be aloof. We certainly found out soon enough when she would sit on the other side of the room and just stare at you if you called her. Most of the time she was a lovable pet and wanted to be sitting right next to you or on you. For such a short dog with short legs, she could jump up on our high bed. When we had dinner parties, and if we had an extra chair, she would want to sit on the open chair....just to sit there and be with us. I can't imagine her not being there when I get home.


2 comments:

  1. Oh Kris, I have a pit in my stomach for you! What horrible timing and luck. I don't look forward to the day we need to make decisions about Mollie. They are members of the family, that's for sure. Thinking of you every day. Thanks for your service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember how fun it was to watch her when she was a puppy and she would rough house with Barney in the front yard. She was quite a sight to see speeding across the yard with her short little legs! I have some photos of the 2 of them if you want them.

    ReplyDelete