February 22, 2009

A Day At Work

My routine from home is way off. I didn't get a chance today to run to the commissary to buy more milk for my Grapenuts tomorrow. I haven't worked out a single day since I've been here. I hardly get any sleep. I've only practiced my guitar once. I've had two cold showers in the last three days and I REALLY HATE COLD SHOWERS!!!! At least I've had my Starbucks coffee with my coffee press every morning. (Sorry, Neils) I thought I would be in some kind of routine by now but with the training that is occurring and ensuring that our Soldiers get trained, it doesn't leave much time in the day for much else.

The last couple of days have been especially busy. I attended a Safety Officer course during the day, meetings at night with follow on training in the evening, back to the office to work on training schedules and rosters for training. Tonight Protocol SME (Subject Matter Expert)...that would be me, gave a class to another unit. Their Soldiers will be working the guard shack for an upcoming exercise and since there are a lot of officers walking around, the command wants to ensure their Soldiers know what to do when an officer approaches them.

Last night, I went to Preliminary Marksmanship Training (PMT) for the M9 pistol. Mom, you will be happy to know that I get to carry both my M4 and M9. Unfortunately, you still can't send me a pistol with a pearl handle. :(

There is a flip side to being so busy: the days are going by very fast and I can hardly believe the month is almost done. Hopefully, the rest of the time will go by just as fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment