February 11, 2009

Visitor!

I got a visit from Hubby today. Washington is part of his territory so he stopped by for a few hours. It was great to see him and he was amazed with our living conditions. In fact, his first comment as he walked through the bay was, "You've got to be kidding?" I won't write what he said after that but it wasn't very nice. I had to remind him that Fort Polk was far worse and this was really a step up and it sure beats a tent.

I've included some pictures of the outside of the buildings but the point of interest is the smokers in the middle. The area between the buildings is called the "Mall". I paced it off and it's 100 meters by 30 meters. The square in the middle is the smoker's area and measures 2 meters x 3 meters. It's humorous to see upwards of 20 Soldiers standing in this small area. I'm really glad I never took up the habit since I can't imagine feeling compelled enough to stand in a square to smoke.

It wasn't any easier saying goodbye again.


1 comment:

  1. So glad you had time to visit with Brian. He called me when he was on his way to see you and he was as anxious as a kid in a candy store!
    As for the smokers " mall" you referenced possibly you should rename it the ashtray? Just a thought...

    I hope you had a great day Red!

    Miss you,
    Mr. Don

    ReplyDelete